Basic training in military drill is imparted and the bearing of a raw person is perfected. He is taught to put on uniform, how to stand at 'attention' and at ease' and to 'salute'. The person is then acquainted with the means, active and passive, that allow the conduct of activities within the organisation without disruption.
The training is based on two principles viz., Intelligence and Control.
The recruits are taught the basic security attributes such as gathering information, prevention of crime, detection and aesthetics. The stress is laid on the prevention and Aesthetic part of the security. The entrants are taught to man and exercise various controls throughout physical search and maintenance of gate records/registers. They are also taught to check details of entry/exit of men and material. They are further trained to use their uniforms properly with a view To enhance the prestige of the organization they are deputed to serve.
The syllabus includes:-
1) Physical Protection :
- Of vital buildings, rooms, equipment
- Of parameter barriers
- Radio Communications
- Parking lots and vehicles
- Protective lighting
- Lock and key system
2) Personal control & Identification :
- Employee/ visitor control and identification
- Package, material and property movement
- Trucks and vehicle control
- Closed circuit television monitoring
3) Emergencies :
- Bomb threats
- Hold-up, burglary and other crimes
4) Records & Reports :
- Daily guard reports
- Incident reports
- Log books
5) Communication & Public relations :
- Verbal communications
- Written reports
- The media
- Specific or ongoing problems of special interest
- Invite client participation in training
- Legal authority and a guard responsibility
- Interaction of security forces with client's employees.